The 4P-Factory e-lab now hosts an e-Team dedicated to “Emergent Management and Complex Systems“.
This e-Team hosts in particular e-hoshin, a powerful tool for aligning the objectives of organisations with emergent proposals of all of their employees so as to leverage organisation dynamics at multiple scales
The e-Team is seeking partnering organizations to support this project. Any type of support is appreciated:
- Simple sponsoring acknowledging the interest of the organization for this project, contributing to its promotion
- Logistic sponsoring for providing operational resources (collaboration technology, event organization)
- Financial contribution for balancing participant expenses (travel, accommodation…)
More on the e-team.
The IEEE Symposium on Immune Computation takes places at SSCI Conference in Bangalore (India) on 18-21 Novembre 2018.
The objective of the Symposium is to provide a unique event where computer scientists, engineers, immunologists, biologists, physicists, etc., may compare to each other their expertises in an interdisciplinary vision.
The event aims at offering new conceptual models for understanding the dynamics that underlie the immune system.
Topics include both:
- Immune algorithms and applications
- Modeling of biological immune system
The full call for paper is available here.
Submission deadline is 15/6.
The first session on ‘Bio-inspired Secure and Resilient Systems’ (BISRS) takes place at ICAROB 2018 Conference.
The objective of this session is to explore transversal aspects of security and resilience and to foster new collaborations between the various communities addressing the challenges of bio-inspired secure and resilient systems.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Cognitive security, neural networks for security and resilience
- Artificial Immune Systems
- Morphogenetic engineering
- Knowledge-based, stochastic and artificial intelligence-based approaches to security and resilience
- System-level issues of bio-inspired secure and resilient systems
- Modelling of natural secure and resilient systems
Papers addressing applications of bio-inspired secure and resilient systems are also highly welcome. Application domains may encompass, among others:
- Security detection and investigation
- Network supervision
- Connected factories
- E-health platforms and infrastructures
- Big-Data environments
Important dates are:
An extensive review of all submitted papers will be performed.
Extended version of the accepted papers are eligible for submission to the International Journal of Robotics, Networking and Artificial Life.
The e-laboratory of the Complex System Digital Campus ‘4P Factory: the factory of the future’ held its third meeting on 21th November 2017. To foster the exchanges between academic and industry partners, it will this year welcome three different presentation types: ‘Breaking technology’ presentations, research papers, and research presentations.
This year’s edition will focus on the Engineering of Complex Systems. Complex system engineering encompasses:
- Integration and individual pieces of technical complex systems, from photonics to mechanical, mechatronics, electronics and computing systems
- Engineering of bio- and bio-inspired-systems, through bio-mimetism, synthetic biology, bio-inspired algorithms
- Methods for system modeling and management of complex environments of 4P Factories
Registration is free but you need to register:
Communications can be proposed through presentation only, or through the submission of a research or technical paper. The papers will be peer-reviewed according the the CS-DC collaborative review process, and published as research or technical paper:
- 20/10/17: communication proposals (title, author(s), abstract, category: ‘Breaking technology’ presentations, research papers, and research presentations) per mail to parrend_at_unistra_._fr
- 15/11/17: submission of the presentation slides
- 15/11/17: submission of research or technical papers
- 21/11/17: the workshop!
- 15/01/18: first reviewer feedback
- 15/02/18: update papers + answers to the reviewer
- 28/02/18: publication of the reports
Please consider carefully CS-DC report advices before submitting:
The workshop takes place as usual:
- Online through 4P Factory e-room on BigBlueButton at litislab
- In Real Life at ECAM Strasbourg-Europe, 2, Rue de Madrid, F-67300 Schiltigheim
The 2018 International Conference on Artificial Life and Robotics (ICAROB2018) will be held at B-Con Plaza, Beppu, Oita, JAPAN, from February 1 to 4, 2018.
You will find more informations on the web site of ALife Robotics, including the call for papers for ICAROB 2018.
This Conference will provide new development of modern technologies concerning Robotics, Networking and Artificial Life associated with computer simulations, hardware designs, and networking of state-of-the-art technologiesto researchers, and to share findings on how advancements in robotics, networking, complexity and artificial life technologies that relate to interdisciplinary approach to the field such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and computer science are creating the basis for exciting new research and applications in various fields listed in the following topics.
Please submit papers to ICAROB2018 Web Site from http://alife-robotics.co.jp/.
Important dates are:
- October 15, 2017 Abstract submission due date
- October 15, 2017 OS,GS,PS,IS,TS proposal submission due date
- October 20, 2017 Final early bird registration due date
- October 25, 2017 Notification of acceptance date
- November 10, 2017 Final paper submission due date
Accepted papers will be published in the Proceedings of the ICAROB Series that was included in Scopus and CPCI-Web of Science. Extended versions of the selected papers will be published in the international journal： Robotics, Networking and Artificial Life (JRNAL became ESCI journal) published by Atlantis Press
The program of the second 4P Factory Workshop is now available!
We are glad to announce the presence in Strasbourg of Jean Vieille, from Syntropic Factory, as well as Darja Dubravcic, Biomimicry coordinator at the EPFL, who will join us on the e-room.
Welcome to them!
Thanks to our newly available e-room from the Complex System Digital Campus, you will be able to join the workshop for free for anywhere in the world – provided you have an Internet access.
Do NOT forget to register for free to the event!
The Call for Presentations for our 2d seminar is also available on the SEE website.